What is your passion? What burns within you to see accomplished?
When going after a goal, I must have more than a whim or looking at the prestige something gives me, if I am going to reach it. It must be rooted in conviction and drive beyond the superficial. Its the why I get up in the morning and it is the reason I anticipate the next day with excitement.
Where do you want to be in 10 years? What does it take to get there? Are you preparing now for then?
If I say I want to play the piano and I’m telling others about my desire but I’m not taking piano lessons; that proves I don’t have real burning passion to accomplish the goal. I want the end result but not the sacrifice it requires.
The truth of the matter is, there is no elevator to success. Instead it is a winding stairway to the top. A methodical process of decisions requiring discernment to identify the difference between opportunity and an option.
I have learned
- there is a difference between trying to force a door not meant to open and pushing against something to make me stronger.
- immaturity tolerated will bring a demise to my ascension on the ladder of success
- that purpose is greater than product
- integrity is a hinge that swing’ big doors for access
- reputation creates expectation long before I arrive
- to never treat people as expendable to get me where I want to go
Life isn’t an accident waiting to happen… its an experience waiting for a decision.
Chairman of the United States Global Leadership Council
CAO of Project One Inc a division of ECOSOC at the United Nations